For all Treble Cone users
Terms & Conditions
- Cardrona Alpine Resort and Treble Cone Ski Area are wholly owned subsidiaries of Real Group Limited. In these Terms and Conditions the following words have the intended meanings:
- “Cardrona” means Cardrona Alpine Resort while “Treble Cone” or “TC” means Treble Cone Ski Area. Both ski areas are owned and operated by Cardrona Alpine Resorts Ltd and referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”, “Cardrona resorts” or “dual mountain”. “RealNZ” refers to Real Group Ltd and “you” refers to the purchaser, holder or user of any Product or Service.
- The name that will appear on your receipt will be Cardrona Alpine Resorts Ltd.
- As a subsidiary of RealNZ, guest data may be shared interchangeably between Cardrona resorts and RealNZ and communications may be received from either party.
- The period of operation for the Cardrona winter season is nominally June 17 – October 15, 2023, and TC June 24 - October 1, 2023. The period of operation for the Cardrona summer season is nominally December 10, 2022 – April 2, 2023. The duration of the seasons will be subject to snow; weather and market conditions and may vary from the above dates as a result. Cardrona Resorts offers no warranty in respect of the season opening, duration of the season, operating days &/or the number of lifts and facilities operating on any day or time.
- All prices quoted on this website are in New Zealand dollars and are valid at the time of publication but subject to change without notice. Rates include GST.
- Pass means Electronic RFID pass and the products associated with it.
- Products purchased are valid only for the season in which they are purchased, and will expire at the end of each winter and summer season.
- “Force majeure” means the occurrence of events including but not limited to: COVID-19 or any other health epidemic or pandemic, natural or environmental disaster (including but not limited to floods, earthquake, or other adverse weather conditions), governmental actions, war or other unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the Parties against which it would have been unreasonable for the affected party to take precautions and which the affected party cannot avoid even by using its best efforts.
- For the specific purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “COVID-19” and “force majeure” may be used interchangeably and are equally applicable for all instances/examples of force majeure as described in section 10.
- Terms and Conditions are correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- For season passes, Earlybird multi-day passes and 5-Day Flexi passes ages are taken as of January 1, 2023.
For dated lift passes, rental, and snow sports school products, ages are taken on the date of travel.
Child is 6 – 17yrs inclusive or currently attending school. Under 6yrs ski or ride for free. All lift users require a Cardrona/TC MyCard. A photographic ID will be required.
A student is 18+ years enrolled full time (minimum 32 weeks in a calendar year) with a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution. Student ID & proof of full-time status (letter from the institution) is required. ID card must be in English & include a valid expiry date. ISIC cards are not accepted.
Senior is 65–74yrs of age. Photo ID will be required.
75yrs of age or older, on day of purchase, ski for free. Please collect a complimentary lift pass from the ticket office. Photo ID will be required.
Lift Passes and General Resort Use
Purchasers of a Cardrona Resorts pass and/or field users will be deemed to have accepted the following Terms & Conditions:
- Carry your pass at all times. If a pass holder has forgotten their pass, a replacement card can be issued at the mountain Ticket Office. This pass now replaces the forgotten pass, which will become deactivated from that day forward.
- A lost or stolen pass must be reported to Cardrona Resorts immediately. A replacement pass may be issued at the discretion of Cardrona Resorts.
- A $10 fee may be charged for a replacement pass. This is at the discretion of Cardrona Resorts.
- Passes remain the property of Cardrona Resorts.
- Passes are non-transferable and may only be used by the person whose name & photograph are assigned to the pass. Fraudulent use of your pass will result in confiscation of the pass & prosecution of all parties involved.
- Single day and multi-day lift passes can be rescheduled up to 7 days hours prior to the date of booking, if capacity allows. An additional charge may apply id the dates you are booking for are at a higher rate.
- Single and in season multi-day lift passes purchased are dated and mountain specific.
- In season multi–day lift passes must be used within the following date windows of the first date of booking:
- Multi 2 Day: 2 of 3 days
- Multi 3 Day: 3 of 5 days
- Multi 4 Day: 4 of 7 days
- Multi 5 Day: 5 of 8 days
- Multi 6 Day: 6 of 9 days
- Multi 7 Day: 7 of 11 days
- In Flexi 5 passes are valid for use at Cardrona and Treble Cone during the 2023 winter season only.
- A blackout period applies to Saver Season Passes from Monday June 26 – Friday July 14, 2023 inclusive. Pass holders of Saver season passes will be unable to use the lifts during this period, unless by purchasing a valid day pass. Saver season pass is not valid at Treble Cone at any stage during the season.
- Earlybird Multi passes are valid for use at Cardrona and Treble Cone during the 2023 winter season only. Earlybird Multi-Day passes may not be used during the blackout period from Monday June 26 – Friday July 14, 2023 inclusive.
- Your pass cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of Cardrona Resorts.
- The pass holder uses the resort at his/her own risk.
- The pass holder assumes all risk of personal injury & property loss or damage.
- Snow sports (including skiing and snowboarding), mountain biking, alpine hiking, Mountain Carting, and utilising road access to alpine areas to undertake such activities are all potentially hazardous. In recognition of the inherent risks associated, you agree that you use and access the Cardrona and Treble Cone ski areas with the knowledge and appreciation of those risks. Whilst we have taken all practicable steps to, where possible, identify and mitigate hazards and obstacles within both ski areas (marked and unmarked, natural, and manmade) and road access to it, you accept the risk of personal injury and property loss or damage that may result from your use of this facility.
- The pass holder agrees to the rules, regulations & directions as expressed or implied by Cardrona Resorts. All pass holders at Cardrona and Treble Cone must abide by the snow user’s responsibility code. This can be viewed on our Ski Patrol & Slope Safety page.
- Misconduct in the opinion of Cardrona/Treble Cone management may result in loss of pass without refund.
- Misconduct includes, but is not limited to, reckless or dangerous behaviour while participating in on-mountain actives, excessive speed within a slow or learning zone, disregard for closed areas, unsociable or abusive behaviour, being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, supply of incorrect information or any other breach of the conditions of service.
- All pass holders must abide by all signs and instructions when driving on ski area access roads. Failure to abide by signs and instructions or reckless and dangerous driving may result in cancellation or suspension of the pass with no refund.
- Any breach of the Terms & Conditions relating to the use of the pass by the user may result in the withdrawal of the pass & all associated privileges.
- Any person who uses or attempts to use the facilities at Cardrona Resorts without a valid & lawful pass & without reasonable excuse will be subject to:
a. Prosecution &/or
b. Requirement to purchase a valid lift pass for that day &/or
c. A penalty of $150 &/or a trespass notice preventing further access to the resort & all other ski areas in the Southern Lakes region for a period of 2 years.
- If you are unable to use your Cardrona Resorts passes during the 2023 season refunds will be considered in extenuating circumstances. A doctor’s certificate may be requested to support refund requests based on medical grounds. Refund applications must be in writing with supporting documentation & sent to [email protected] The basis of any refund will be determined by the usage of the pass & is at the absolute discretion of Cardrona Resorts. Cardrona Resorts reserves the right to apply any processing charges for refund applications.
- Refund requests for 2023 ski bookings must be received no later than October 31st, 2023, by contacting [email protected]. Refund/credit requests are not to be assumed and any requests received after this date will be at the discretion of Cardrona Resorts and/or RealNZ.
- Due to NZ Civil Aviation laws and DOC regulations Cardrona Resorts do not permit the use of drones anywhere within the ski area boundaries. Commercial film production must apply for special consent, please see our Gold X page for more information on the application process and legal requirements.
- At Treble Cone, paragliders can take off along the Matukituki ridgeline, but must not fly over, nor land within the ski area boundary. If taking off outside the saddle area, they must be far enough along Towers Ridge to be past the Motatapu Chutes area.
- Cardrona$ are redeemed on the basis that 1 Cardrona$ is equivalent to 1 New Zealand dollar.
- Cardrona$ can be used to purchase products or part-payment of a product for sale at both Cardrona and Treble Cone locations only.
- Cardrona$ cannot be redeemed against a prior completed purchase.
- Cardrona$ can only be redeemed upon presentation of a valid pass loaded with a current Cardrona$ value (by the person named on the card).
- Cardrona$ can be redeemed by the named pass holder for the purchase of products for other pass holders. e.g. parent for a child.
- If there is a dispute about the balance remaining on a pass, this must be raised immediately by contacting Cardrona on +64 3 443 7341 or by emailing [email protected]. No resolution will be available to the user to issues raised after the end of the season (winter or summer) in which the purchases are made.
- Cardrona$ are non-refundable & non-transferrable.
- If you’ve got both Individual & Family Cardrona$ loaded, the individual balance will be used first.
- Cardrona$ expire after 12 months of inactivity – if you haven’t spent or loaded any Cardrona$ on your pass in the last year.
- All rental products are date specific and can be used within the following date windows:
- Multi 2 Day 2 of 3 days
- Multi 3 Day 3 of 5 days
- Multi 4 Day 4 of 7 days
- Multi 5 Day 5 of 8 days
- Multi 6 Day 6 of 9 days
- Multi 7 Day 7 of 11 days
- Insurance can be purchased for specific rental products.
- All equipment must be returned at the end of your rental agreement.
- If equipment is unreturned or damaged, Cardrona/Treble Cone will make contact to discuss any issues & may charge your credit card for any damaged or unreturned items.
Snow Sports School
- A credit card number is required at the time of booking to secure your lesson.
- A phone number that you will be contactable on during your holiday is required at the time of booking.
- Bookings are not confirmed until paid in full.
- Private lesson bookings can be rescheduled or refunded with no charge with more than 24hrs notice.
- There will be a 50% charge for private lesson bookings that are cancelled between 2 & 24hrs notice.
- There will be no refunds if the private lesson booking is cancelled less than 2hrs before the scheduled start time, or in a “no show” situation.
- Group lessons and packages are only valid at Cardrona. Treble Cone operates private lessons only.
- Full-day group lessons and lesson packages are dated and can be changed within 48 hours of the date of booking, if capacity allows.
- Refunds for group lessons will be considered under extenuating circumstances and when we are unable to reschedule your lesson due to capacity.
WST, TC Freeride Programme & Parks Squad
- The following information is provided to ensure that the Terms & Conditions that the Wanaka Ski Team, Cardrona Parks Squad, TC Freeride and Academy programmes offered are clear and understood. In these Terms we have used "we" or “us”, referring to HPC encompassing TC Freeride Team, Cardrona Parks Squad, Wanaka Ski Team and Academy. "You" is referring to the person or family member who is registered in the Cardrona Parks Squad, TC Freeride Team or Wanaka Alpine Ski Team. “Programme” is referring to any HPC programme.
- Each athlete is required to complete the admission forms in full.
- We may request an interview and will set this up individually with the athlete and/or the guardians if required.
- Admittance is based on athlete age, ability and experience. We reserve the right to determine suitability of each athlete on a case-by-case basis.
- Programs are subject to maximum numbers, to avoid disappointment we recommend booking before the 1st of April.
- A minimum 25% deposit is required at the time of programme booking. Your place on the programme is secured subject to the terms as set out in this document when payment is received. All bookings made are dependent on availability.
- Full payment of programme fees must be made by 1 June 2023.
- All prices quoted are in New Zealand dollars but may change without notice. Programme costs include GST.
- We require a minimum of 4 athletes per coach for all programmes.
- Placement in training is not guaranteed and is dependent on available space in an appropriate group.
- If we do not get the required minimum number of athletes for a particular programme option, we may be forced to cancel. In this case, we will contact you with alternative options or provide a refund.
- If programme cancellation occurs before 31 March 2023, we will provide a full refund.
- If programme cancellation occurs between 1 April 2023 and 31 May 2023, we will provide an 85% refund of the total programme fee.
- If programme cancellation occurs between 1 June 2023 and 20 June 2023, we will provide a refund of 70% of the total programme fee.
- If programme cancellation occurs from 21 June 2023, no refund will be provided.For long-term, season-ending injuries, a pro rata refund of the programme fees will be considered on medical grounds only, when supported by a doctor’s certificate.
- If you are absent from a scheduled training session, there is no provision for any form of credit or refund. This may include, but is not limited to, absence due to sickness, tiredness, injury or other commitments.
- If the mountain is closed, we will offer an alternative plan for the session or a replacement session to be scheduled for later in the season at our discretion.
- If the Programme Director calls the training session off due to weather or snow conditions within 2 hours of scheduled start time, we will offer an alternative plan for the session or a replacement session to be scheduled for later in the season at our discretion.
- There are no credits/refunds for unused transport.
- We strongly suggest that athletes insure their programme fees against injury or sickness. We will not be liable for any expenses due to injury, sickness, theft, travel, or loss of programme fees.
- Snow sports involve a certain element of risk and are therefore undertaken at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for any accidents, damage, loss, injury, sickness, death, cancellation, delay, or other unforeseen events that occur during the course of a training programme on or off-snow.
- We reserve the right to decline, cancel or withdraw any athlete without any refund of programme fees. We expect athletes to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times as set out in the athlete Code of Conduct (see below).
- All athletes must wear a helmet at all times. This is compulsory across all programmes at Cardrona/TC. Back protectors and mouthguards are also highly recommended for athletes. The coach has the right to refuse training to athletes who do not have the appropriate equipment.
- Wanaka Ski Team FIS and U14/U16 athletes must ensure their helmet complies with FIS helmet regulations. For further details, please see FIS Specifications for Alpine Competition Equipment and SSNZ Equipment Specifications.
- Wanaka Ski Team U8/U10/U12 athletes must wear helmets specifically designed for Alpine skiing in all disciplines. No soft ear helmets.
- Please contact [email protected] for further clarification if required.
Lift Lane Use
- Use of the Snow Sports School lift line is a PRIVILEGE for athletes and available EXCLUSIVELY during training sessions ONLY. No friends, no “filmers”, no physios, no additional coaches, no helpers, no parents or relatives or anyone else without an HPC armband. Any misuse of this privilege will result in appropriate consequences, to be determined by coaches & management.
- By purchasing an HPC programme, you will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions as set out in this document.
- Terms and Conditions are correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
Instructor Training Cardrona
- Course fees are due 65 days prior to the official start date of any course, or at the time of booking if inside of this. Your place in training is not confirmed & coaching will not commence until the registration form is complete & all fees are received.
Upon written confirmation informing of cancellation from the course (including illness or injury before or after course commencement), the following cancellation policy will apply:
- More than 65 days prior to course commencement: 100% refund (less a $500 administration fee)
- Less than 65 days prior to course commencement: NZSIA/SBINZ exam fees only refunded
- After course commencement: Non-refundable except exam fees that meet the NZSIA cancellation policy (must be notified to NZSIA more than 10days prior to the course start date)
A comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy which includes Cancellation Cover in excess of the course costs, plus illness/injury, delayed/lost baggage etc. is therefore strongly recommended for all course participants. For New Zealanders, please look at comprehensive domestic travel insurance & ensure it covers snow sports.
If we do not get the required minimum number of 4 trainees per group for a particular training option, we may not be able to run that training, or it may be scaled down in time due to the private/semi-private nature of a small number. In the event that we are forced to cancel a training programme, we will contact you with alternate options.
Unused training & other booked items
No refund will be given for any unused training sessions or other booked items (whether package or otherwise) due to the trainee’s late arrival, illness, or injury. Make-up days are not able to be offered. In the case of resort closure due to weather conditions, mechanical failure, or for any other reason outside of the control of ITC we will attempt, but do not guarantee to reschedule the planned training. This training may be on or off snow.
Snow sports involve a certain element of risk & are undertaken at the individual's own risk. Cardrona Resorts, Instructor Training Centre (ITC) & its trainers are not responsible for any injury that occurs during the course of a training programme, on or off snow.
Adherence to the ITC Code of Conduct will be maintained. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action including, but not limited to, loss of training &/or pass privileges.
Lift Lane Use
Use of the Snow Sports School lift line is a privilege for ITC participants only (no friends/family etc.) & is available exclusively during training sessions when with a trainer. Any misuse of this privilege will result in the privilege being revoked and could result in loss of lift pass.
*If not booked direct, then as per your agent's terms & conditions
Please reconfirm your transport booking by 6pm the day before travel to confirm pickup details – you can do this by calling 0800 440 800.
The bus runs on a tight schedule with many pick up points, so please be ready at your departure point at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time. In the event of a missed pick-up, please contact us on 0800 440 800. You can also call this number until 6pm the night before your departure to reschedule your transport. Any amendments (including cancellations & refund requests) after this time will be at the discretion of Cardrona Resorts.
Return transport departs Cardrona at 4.15pm, returning to Wanaka or Queenstown approximately 1 hour later.
If you need to pick up rental gear, lift passes &/or lesson tickets, we recommend visiting the Queenstown/Wanaka store the day before you head up the mountain. During the day is generally quieter than the evenings. Our team will make sure you have everything you need so you can head straight to the slopes when you arrive on the mountain.
In the event of a closed day, we will endeavour to reschedule your booking.
If we need to shorten our summer season due to COVID-19 and you’re unable to visit on another date due to travel restrictions, we'll refund you on a pro-rata basis, based on the number of days you have used your pass. Refund requests for 22/23 Cardrona summer bookings must be received by no later than April 30th 2023, by contacting [email protected]. Refund/credit requests must not be assumed, and any requests received after this date will be at the discretion of Cardrona Resorts and/or RealNZ.
Any partial refund or credit value, where applicable, will be calculated on a pro-rata basis. Pro-rata value will be calculated at the equivalent cost of a regular season day/multi-day pass (or applicable product) for each day the product has already been used.
COVID-19 terms and conditions will not apply to 2023 ski passes.