Treble Cone has been producing great skiers and snowboarders for 50 years. If your ambition is to develop your technique to a high level, consider one of our progressive coaching programs.
Exclusive to Treble Cone
Sofa Ski Camps are exclusive to Treble Cone in partnership with Klaus Mair and Sofa Ski School. The camps feature hand-picked coaches who will help you achieve your goals and become the skier you want to be. Whether you aim to improve at carving, short turns, bumps, powder, off-piste skiing or simply want to be able to ski with more control and confidence, Sofa Ski Camps will ensure you can make the next step.
The 5 day intensive camp is suitable for intermediate to expert skiers. The minimum requirement is to be able to control your speed performing parallel turns on an easy blue run.
Sunday 22nd July
Sunday 29th July- SOLD OUT
Sunday 5th August - SOLD OUT
Sunday 12th August - SOLD OUT
Sunday 19th August - SOLD OUT
Sunday 26th August
Sunday 2nd September
See some of the feedback from satisfied Sofa Ski Camp guests on TripAdvisor.
1. Pre-camp consultation with Klaus Mair, author of the bestselling ski instructional DVD “Sofa Ski School – from Blue to Black Diamond”
2. A minimum of 5 hours of on snow training per day
3. A maximum of only 5 skiers of similar ability per group
4. An evening ski tech talk
5. Extensive video analysis
6. The opportunity to demo the latest equipment
7. Optional Heli Day Add-on with Harris Mountain Heli Ski (20% off, for every four participants one coach will come along for free)
8. Video documentation of the progress made on a Treble Cone branded 8GB USB
9. Professional Coaching made accessible to recreational skiers: we will work with great precision on helping you make some fundamental changes in your skiing. As we will have five full days of focused training together we can aim for some bigger changes and will have plenty of time to learn and practice
10. The use of modern training tools: we use Video Analysis and UClear helmet intercoms
11. At the end of the camp you will get all of your ski footage and analysis clips on a USB stick for you to review again at a later time. Your training will be documented on a live google doc which will become your training diary
12. Hand picked, Top Coaches: Klaus chooses his favourite coaches for his camp. Sofa Ski Camp coaches are all experienced full certs that are highly specialized in helping skiers improve.
The terrain you train on plays a crucial role in developing your instructing skillset. Rookie Academy have chosen to locate their instructor training courses at Treble Cone because of its challenging terrain and plentiful off-piste.
A specialist training and coaching academy, this is world class incubator of ski and snowboard instructors.
Rookie Academy coaches represent the cream of international ski coaching and include 16 examiners and 5 national demo team.
Rookie Academy offers the widest range of ski and snowboard instructor qualifications in a single institution and students can choose from NZSIA, BASI, CSIA or PSIA qualifications.
Extend your ability with on snow training and off snow sessions that develop your technical understanding and technique.
As a Rookie graduate you become part of an internationally recognised and sought after group of ski and snowboard instructors.
Rookie Academy provides individual attention and superior accommodation in a stunning environment.
The Team TC full time race development programme runs for 13 weeks, up to 5 days per week and is designed for junior ski race athletes aiming to compete in the NZ Interfield and/or the NZ Youth Series.
The Team TC Race programme will develop the technical and tactical skiing skills needed to race SL, GS, and SG, building fundamental skills in free skiing and gate training and offering a programme to support an athlete’s needs to ski race up through the U16 level.
The programme schedule will start with an information evening where parents can meet the coaches, collect uniforms and ask questions. The on-snow training will kick off the first day of the School Holidays at 9am on the Platter lift.
This programme is supported by the team at The Fit Collective through their youth Athlete Development programme. Delivered in conjunction with AUT and designed to build ski strength, agility, fundamental movement patterns and prevent injury for kids in sport. The cost is $25 per week for 2 sessions. Read more about the programme here, and check out details to register here.
Michael Shenkel is the Head Coach for Race, joining him will be Sam Garnett, Jan Trow, Martina Wyss and Calum McAlister. Feel free to drop us a line if you would like to talk to our coaches about the best programme for you. Email us: [email protected]
1. Full Time programme – up to 5 days a week, Wednesday to Sunday with flexibility with weather and event schedules
2. Begins at the start of NZ school holidays 7 July 2018. Runs through NZYS finals late September
3. Full coaching support at South Island NZYS races, Cardrona, Mount Hutt and The Remarkables
4. Guest racers for short term training at Head Coach’s approval only
5. Includes uniform
6. Equipment: Athletes must have legal GS and SL skis and protective equipment. SG skis are optional as are powder skis
1. Begins with NZ school holidays 7 July 2018. Runs through Interfield Finals mid September
2. Full coaching support at Southern District Interfield races. All participants are expected to race
3. Participants demonstrating the commitment and skill will have the opportunity to ‘train up’ with the U14/U16 NZYS group
4. Guest racers for short term training at Head Coach’s approval only
5. Includes uniform
6. Equipment: U10’s can use a multi event race ski, carving ski, or junior GS ski. No fat skis or twin tips. U12’s should have a junior GS ski or a multi event ski.
7. Slalom skis are optional as are powder skis. U14’s should have GS skis for developing proper skills, however Interfield races are normally Kinder Kombi races where slalom skis seem to work better for U14’s. Anyone expecting to ‘train up’ with the U14/U16 NZYS must have GS and slalom skis with protective slalom gear (face guard, pole guards, shin guards).
1. Begins after NZ School Holidays
2. Focus is on skill development
3. Race participation is encouraged
4. Does not include uniform, team hoodies and jackets can be purchased at additional costs
5. Equipment: Multi event or junior race skis work best for developing children. Please stay clear of fat skis and twin tips. Proper boot fit is a must.
The Team TC Freeride is a development programme runs for up to 12 weeks, up to 3 days per week. This is for junior freeride athletes aiming to compete in the NZ freeride youth events. Team TC Freeride programme will develop the technical and tactical skiing skills needed to compete in freeride and Big Mountain events. The programme will build on fundamental skills in free skiing offering a programme to support athlete’s needs to compete at a Junior Level in New Zealand. If you would like to talk to someone about the programme, please call Jo Lynch on 027 577 3336
Team TC schedule will start with an information evening where parents can meet the coaches, collect uniform sizes and ask questions. The full time on-snow training will kick off the first day of the School Holidays on the 7th July at 9am on the Platter lift. Part time programmes start after the school holidays.
Athletes may choose between 1 to 2 days training and additional days on Thursdays for 6 weeks (in line with school skiing days). Drop in options are for 3-week blocks only at the Head Coaches discretion. Coach may arrange additional days training at $130 per day where no less than 4 kids attend. Additional days are available every day of the school holidays.
The programme is supported by the team at Aspiring Trampolining. Sessions are Scheduled for 28 July and 11 August, 5.30pm at Aspiring Trampolining. Cost is $10 per person and we need minimum 8 people to attend in order to run the class. Please note additional tramp sessions may be added if required.
The programme is supported by the team at The Fit Collective through their youth Athlete Development programme. Delivered in conjunction with AUT and designed to build ski strength, agility, fundamental movement patterns and prevent injury for kids in sport. The cost is $25 per week for 2 sessions. Read more about the programme here, and check out details to register here.
Sam Lee is the Head Freeride Coach, joining him will be Louis Charnaud, Jess Hotter and Marian Krogh. Feel free to drop us a line if you would like to talk to our coaches about the best programme for you. Email us: [email protected]
The Team TC Snowboard programme runs for 6 weeks, every Sunday starting 29 July. This is for junior snowboard athletes aiming to compete in the TC Mini Mountain and the TC Banked Slalom.
Team TC Snowboard programme will develop the technical and tactical riding skills needed to compete in freeride events. The programme will build on fundamental skills and will support athlete’s needs to compete at a Junior Level in New Zealand.
Team TC schedule will start with an information evening where parents can meet the coaches, collect uniforms and ask questions. The on-snow training will kick off the first day Sunday after the School Holidays.
The price includes coaching, hoody and race support. This price does not include Snow Sports NZ membership, race entry fees, Treble Cone Season Pass, transport, trampolining, or strength andconditioning training. Athletes will need to register themselves for events in 2018. Please note we require a minimum of 3 registrations to run this programme
Riders and Sliders is a 6 session (Sundays) Ski or Snowboard Programme that's aimed at providing a safe, fun environment for your kids to develop their riding and explore Treble Cone.
Each Sunday your child will ride and slide with the same instructor and group of local Wanaka friends. Groups are assembled based on age and ability. Theme days including Treble Cone Cat Challenges, off-piste dangers awareness day, race day and much more ensure that Riders and Sliders is the perfect children’s programme for local mountain kids.
Riders and Sliders Mini is designed to ensure 3 - 4 year olds fall in love with snow sports. Small groups and specifically trained kids instructors ensure kids have a positive and fun first experience on snow and help those that already ski take the next step to be ready for Riders and Sliders next year.
The mini programme runs for 2hrs a day, so that little kids don’t get tired and enjoy their time on the snow.