- Skifield Status
- 24hr snowfall
- Home Basin
- Live Temp
- Saddle Basin
Getting to Treble cone
From Wanaka to Treble Cone
Treble Cone is the closest ski resort to Wanaka, located a short 29km / 35 minute scenic drive along the picturesque shores of Lake Wanaka. Free mountain parking available at the Base Lodge and at the bottom of the access road.
TREBLE CONE EXPRESS
The Treble Cone Express is NEW in 2016! From four different pick up and drop off locations situated around Wanaka, the Treble Cone Express departs for Treble Cone at 8am and 10am daily, and departs Treble Cone for return to Wanaka at 2pm and 4pm daily.
We are also offering a special to save with the Treble Cone Express by purchasing five day passes to travel on the Shuttle for $99 (for adults, see table below of other prices). The passes be used any day and no need to be used consecutively. Valid for travel in the season of purchase. Please call or visit the town office for purchasing and booking +64 3 443 1406.
|Uphill Departure Schedule (for the 2016 season, times for the 2017 to be confirmed)|
|Depart TC Town Office (24 Dungarvon Street)||8:00 am||10:00 am|
|Wanaka Showgrounds Entrance (McDougall Street)||8:05 am||10:05 am|
|Edgewater Resort (Sargood Drive)||8:10 am||10:10 am|
|Wyndham Resort (Mount Aspiring Road)||8:15 am||10:15 am|
|Arrive at Treble Cone||8:45 am||10:45 am|
|Downhill Departure Schedule (for the 2016 season, times for the 2017 to be confirmed)|
|Depart Treble Cone||2:00 pm||4:00 pm|
|Wyndham Resort (Mount Aspiring Road)||2:30 pm||4:30 pm|
|Edgewater Resort (Sargood Drive)||2:35 pm||4:35 pm|
|Wanaka Showgrounds (Ardmore Street)||2:40 pm||4:40 pm|
|Arrive at Treble Cone Town Office (24 Dungarvon Street)||2:45 pm||4:45 pm|
|Shuttle Special*||Adult Return||Child Return||Senior Return||Student Return|
|Single Ride||$ 24||$ 14||$ 19||$ 19|
|5 Passes Special||$ 99||$ 58||$ 78||$ 78|
*All transport subject to availability. No refund for missed bookings or unused days.
|Shuttle Pricing||Adult Return||Child Return||Senior Return||Student Return|
|Bus Only||$ 24||$ 14||$ 19||$ 19|
|Bus + Lift Pass||$ 119||$ 61||$ 80||$ 90|
|Bus + Lift Pass & Rental||$ 149||$ 88||$ 129||$ 139|
|Bus + Scenic Ride + Lunch^||$ 49||$ 49||$ 49||$ 49|
^ Lunch: 1x Pizza Slice at Altitude Espresso and Pizza + Hot Drink included in Scenic Chairlift Ride.
Transport on the Treble Cone Express shuttle service between Wanaka and the mountain can be booked through the following locations:
- Treble Cone Wanaka Office: +64 3 443 1406 (Open 7am – 10am and 3pm – 6pm daily)
- Guest Services at Treble Cone: +64 3 443 7443 (Open 8am – 4pm daily)
- Wanaka iSite: +64 3 443 1233 (Open 8.30am – 6.30pm daily)
When booking a seat on this service you will be asked to select a date, a service (based on TC Town Office departure time) and a pick up location where you will board the bus. You must also select a downhill service departure time to ensure a seat is reserved for you. If during your day at Treble Cone you’d like to change onto a different downhill departure time, please simply visit Guest Services on the mountain or phone +64 443 7443.
Transport Specific TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This service is operated by Go Bus Transport under contract to Treble Cone.
- Alcohol must not be consumed on this service at any time.
- Any date or service changes requested once a booking is completed will be subject to availability.
- To ensure the Service remains on schedule, the bus will not be able to wait for customers who are not at their selected departure point at the departure time.
- No refunds will be issued in the event a booked service is missed by the customer. If a seat exists on a later bus on the same day Guest Services may be able to re-schedule your booking.
- Not transferable - in the case of either packaged items or the multi-day transport vouchers.
- If you decide to leave the mountain by other means throughout the day, please notify Guest Services to avoid unnecessary Search and Rescue costs.
- Any additional products such as a Lift Pass or Scenic Chairlift Ride packaged up with transport must be used on the same day as the transport.
- Any pre-purchased transport vouchers not redeemed prior to the close of the Treble Cone snow season will not be refunded.
- In the event Treble Cone is ‘closed’ or ‘on hold’ on the day of a booked service the booking may be moved to another day.
From Queenstown to Treble Cone
Located 100km / 90 minute via the historic and beautiful Crown Range, the drive from Queenstown to Treble Cone is half the fun. Free mountain parking available at the Base Lodge and at the bottom of the access road.
Daily shuttles from Queenstown offer a stress free alternative to arrive safely on the mountain.
PRICES CURRENT FOR 2017 SEASON.
New for 2017, in partnership with Go Bus and IceBreaker, we will be operating a daily Queenstown Express Shuttle bus.
Running daily, the difference with our new service is that we will pick up in one spot in Queenstown and then once more on route in Frankton. This shuttle service then heads straight over to the snowy peaks of TC. Taking a total time of around 90 to 120 minutes (depending on road conditions and traffic), this is a convenient, fast way to get to and from Treble Cone. The QT Express Shuttle leaves the mountain at 4pm to return to Queenstown.
|Daily shuttles from Queenstown||Adult||Child|
|Queenstown to Treble Cone (return)||$ 55||$ 40|
|Queenstown to Treble Cone (return) + Lift Pass||$ 127||$ 80|
From Christchurch to Treble Cone (Wanaka)
Trebel Cone is located 445km / 5h 30m scenic drive past some of New Zealand’s most spectacular icons, including the Mt Cook (Aoraki) Glacier, the spectacular Lake Tekapo and various OnePassNZ ski areas. The drive from Christchurch provides a great snow road trip opportunity.
Shuttle from Christchurch to Wanaka
For more information about getting from Christchurch to Treble Cone (Wanaka), visit Lake Wanaka Tourism.
From Auckland to Treble Cone (Wanaka)
Direct flights from Auckland to Queenstown make Treble Cone a short 3h 30m trip away. Rental cars and shuttle to Wanaka available at Queenstown Airport
Daily flight from Auckland to Queenstown are opporated by Air New Zealand (and Grabaseat) and JetStar.
For more information about getting from Auckland to Treble Cone (Wanaka), visit Lake Wanaka Tourism.
From Australia to Treble Cone (Wanaka)
Fly direct from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to Queenstown or Christchurch Airport. Daily flights available throughout the winter season. When you arrive at Queenstown or Christchurch Airports there are a wide range of rental car options, and from Queenstown a number of scheduled and charter mini bus options to get to Wanaka, including Yello! and Connect a Bus.
For more information about getting from Australia to Treble Cone (Wanaka), visit Lake Wanaka Tourism.