- Skifield Status
- 24hr snowfall
- Home Basin
- Live Temp
- Saddle Basin
Treble Cone banked slalom
The premiere Banked Slalom event of New Zealand, offering a long legacy of challenging courses and fields of local and visiting riders battling it out for the season long bragging rights.
The Treble Cone Banked Slalom is a snow board only events and attracts a mix of all-star and local talent, creating a high energy stomping ground of both competitiveness and encouragement. With 2015 and 2016 sell out events this years sure to be another outstanding race.
- Date: Dates and information for the 2017 Banked Slalom have yet to be confirmed
- The information below relates to the 2016 Event
- Course: Gun Barrel
- Format: 2 runs each, fastest time recorded - Helmets compulsory!
- Race Categories:
- Open Male
- Open Female
- Masters Male (35 y/o +)
- Masters Female (35 y/o +)
- Major Event Sponsor: Wanaka Beerworks
- Event Sponsor: Never Summer and Candy Grind New Zealand
- Overall Prize for Men and Women
- Major Spot Prize: Never Summer Snowboard
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Age groups
- Online Registration:
- Registration and payment:
- Event Entry Fee: $40 per entrant pre-event online registration - $50 on the day
- Event + Lift Pass: $55 per entrant pre-event online registration - $65 on the day
- Bib Deposit: $10 per entrant
Pre-Event Payment - Entry Fee to be paid at either the Guest Services on the Mountain or in the Town Office (hours 7am - 10am, then 3pm - 6pm) until 3pm Friday afternoon.
Event Day Payment - Registration and payment can only be made at Guest Services on the Mountain from 7.30am - 9am.
NB: If you require a Event Fee + Lift Pass, this can only be purchased on the event day from 7.30am - 9am. Please organise this at Guest Services upon bib collection.
- Bib Collection: On Mountain Guest Service between 7.30am - 9:00am
- Course Briefing: 10am
- Course Inspection: 10:15 - 10:45am
- Race Start Time: 11am
- Prize Giving: 3.30pm on the Plaza
- Disclaimer and Conditions (will need to be signed on bib collection on event day):
- Helmets are compulsory.
- Entrants 18 years or over.
- In entering a sporting event entrants take personal responsibility for their decisions and actions which may cause harm to either themselves or others while undertaking the event.
- In entering this event you accept that the organiser’s decision is final and binding.
- Maximum numbers apply so don't miss out. Only 80 entrants this year!
The format of the Treble Cone Banked Slalom will be held in Gun Barrel at Treble Cone, or on similar terrain subject to the best conditions on the day, and all entrants will be offered course inspection, followed by two timed runs with their fastest entered as their final result.
Event enquiries please email Sophie@treblecone.com
What a fantastic day of racing at TC! There were a lot of smiling faces at the prize giving and the feedback was the course was nice and challenging!
We wanted to thank all the competitors for being so fun and giving us such great racing to watch. Despite the low vis at times everyone took on the challenge and was frothing.