- Skifield Status
- 24hr snowfall
- Home Basin
- Live Temp
- Saddle Basin
Spy banked slalom @ Treble Cone - 23rd September
The premiere Banked Slalom event of New Zealand, offering a long legacy of challenging courses and fields of local and visiting riders battling it out for the season long bragging rights. This year is bigger than ever, this two-day event will turn our legendary banked slalom into a festival weekend!!
The Treble Cone Banked Slalom is a snow board only event and attracts a mix of all-star and local talent, creating a high energy stomping ground of both competitiveness and encouragement. With the last 3 years being sell out events this years sure to be another outstanding race!
- Date: 23rd September
- Course: TBA (weather and snow dependent)
- Format: 2 runs each, fastest time recorded - Helmets compulsory!
- Race Categories:
- Open Male
- Open Female
- Masters Male (35 y/o +)
- Masters Female (35 y/o +)
- Major Event Sponsor: Spy
- Category Naming Sponsor: Wanaka Beerworks
- Cash Prizes for Open Men and Women & Masters Men and Women. Plus plenty of goodies including Spy Goggles, 6 Pack of Wanaka Beerworks, and 1st and 2nd Podium winners also get an exclusive locally design and crafted trophy from Mr Pickles Art.
- Online Registration: REGISTER NOW
This year, Treble Cone is part of the World Snowboarding Federation Banked Slalom World Tour.
- TC is the first stop on the tour. In the season 2015/16, there were 22 events in 10 nations on the Tour and more than 1800 riders participating.
- Plus the podium winners (female and male) will participate in a lottery. The lottery will be conducted through online video at the end of the season. Through the lottery, grand prize will be an invitation to the Legendary Mount Baker Banked Slalom. Additional prizes will be given to lottery participants.
- Registration and payment: Register and payment by calling Treble Cone Town Office on 03 443 1406, or visit Guest Services on the Mountain.
- Event Entry Fee: $40 per entrant pre-event online registration - $50 on the day - Keeping in line with our pricing last year.
- Lift Pass: $55 per day. This lift pass can be purchased online when you purchase your entry or on the Mountain on Event Day.
- Bib Deposit: $10 cash per entrant, collected Mountain Guest Service between 7.30am - 9:00am on 23rd September.
Pre-Event Payment - Entry Fee to be paid at either the Guest Services on the Mountain or in the Town Office (hours 7am - 6pm).
Event Day Payment - All competitors are strongly urged to pay pre-event however if it cannot be done before registration and payment can be made at Guest Services on the Mountain from 7.30am - 9am on event day.
- Course Briefing: 10am (weather depending)
- Course Inspection: to follow immediately after Course Briefing (weather depending)
- Race Start Time: 10.45am (weather depending)
- Prize Giving: Sunday 23rd September, post event in the Plaza then make your way down the Mountain for the Official Spy Banked Slalom After Party, held at Water Bar (Ardmore Street, Wanaka)
- Disclaimer and Conditions (will need to be signed on bib collection on event day):
- Helmets are compulsory.
- Entrants 18 years or over.
- In entering a sporting event entrants take personal responsibility for their decisions and actions which may cause harm to either themselves or others while undertaking the event.
- In entering this event you accept that the organiser’s decision is final and binding.
- Maximum numbers apply so don't miss out!
Please arrive on the mountain with plenty of time to spare.
Event inquiries please email email@example.com
What a fantastic day of racing at TC! There were a lot of smiling faces at the prize giving and the feedback was the course was nice and challenging!
We wanted to thank all the competitors for being so fun and giving us such great racing to watch. Despite the low vis at times everyone took on the challenge and was frothing.