- Skifield Status
- 24hr snowfall
- Home Basin
- Live Temp
- Saddle Basin
Treble Cone Employment 2015
Welcome to Treble Cone, the South Island's largest ski area. At Treble Cone, we pride ourselves in creating a REAL ‘Kiwi’ experience for our staff and guests alike.
On snow, our aspirational and picturesque terrain draws passionate skiers and boarders from across the globe, often gaining mention in publications as some of the ‘World’s Best’. Off snow, we strive to continue this great experience, offering genuine ‘Kiwi’ hospitality; approachable, knowledgeable and friendly staff, creating a seamless day for all guests.
Thanks to an incredible Winter 2014 team, Treble Cone won ‘New Zealand’s Best Ski Resort’ at the World Ski Awards held in Austria. We look forward to adding more passionate and dedicated skiers and snowboarders to our team in 2015.
Winter Positions 2015
|Department||Open Date||Closing Date|
|Snow Sports School|
|Snow Sports Instructor||4nd February||16th February|
|Snow Sports Administrator||11th February||20th February|
|Snow Sport Hiring Clinic||18th May||13th June|
|Lift Operations Supervisor||16th February||30th March|
|Lift Attendant||24th March||12th April|
|Snow Maker||16th February||15th March|
|Groomer Operator||16th February||15th March|
|Guest Services Team Leader||23rd February||15th March|
|Guest Services Assistant||30th March||12th April|
|Customer Information||30th March||12th April|
|Patrol / Medical Centre|
|Assistant Snow Safety Officer||10th March||24th March|
|Ski Patrol 2 (intermediate)||23rd March||6th April|
|Communications Coordinator||17th March||7th April|
|Food & Beverage|
|Cafe Supervisor (position filled for 2015)||n/a||n/a|
|Cafe Team Leader||30th March||12th April|
|Barista||30th March||12th April|
|Cafe Assistant||30th March||12th April|
|Sous Chef||30th March||12th April|
|Qualified Chef||30th March||12th April|
|Baker||30th March||12th April|
|Prep Hand||30th March||12th April|
|Kitchen Porter||30th March||12th April|
|Rentals Supervisor||24th March||12th April|
|Rentals Team Leader||30th March||12th April|
|Rentals Assistant||30th March||12th April|
|Base Attendants (Roads & Carpark / Facilities)||24th March||12th April|
- Retail Store Manager - On Mountain Shop^
- Retail Store Salesperson - On Mountain Shop^
- Start date 1- 15 June
- End date - end of season
- Retail experience preferred but not essential.
- Product knowledge of snowsports an advantage.
- Ability to master the computer based sales and stock system . Full training will be given .
- Must have outstanding commitment to customer service, friendly positive personality and the maturity to be in sole charge of this small on mountain shop, located in the base lodge at Treble Cone.
Applications to be emailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to PO Box 90 ,Wellington , 6140
^ The On Mountain Shop is externally operated and employment is with the operator not Treble Cone Investments Ltd.
TREBLE CONE EMPLOYMENT
- Applications are only accepted during official employment period
- Treble Cone only accepts one application per person
- Season dates: 25th June – 27th September 2015
- Start date differ per department – no later than 18th June 2015
Why Work at Treble Cone?
Treble Cone is the closest ski area to Wanaka, and offers the region’s most diverse and challenging terrain. For people new to the sport, we also boast the longest green run, un-crowded groom slopes and discounted / free ski improvement programmes for staff (of all levels).
Our team is comparatively small, creating a very close knit interdepartmental group. Treble Cone organises several team events throughout season, which have in the past included trips to Ohau, night skiing at Coronet Peak and plenty of local Wanaka activities
So why work at Treble Cone….
- South Island’s largest ski area with the longest vertical in the Southern Lakes
- Challenging slopes including award winning intermediate to advance terrain
- Long uncrowded beginner to intermediate trails
- A small team of passionate skiers and snowboarders