- Skifield Status
- 24hr snowfall
- Home Basin
- Live Temp
- Saddle Basin
Getting to Treble cone
From Wanaka to Treble Cone
Treble Cone is the closest ski resort to Wanaka, located a short 29km / 35 minute scenic drive along the picturesque shores of Lake Wanaka. Free mountain parking available at the Base Lodge and at the bottom of the access road.
TREBLE CONE EXPRESS
The Treble Cone Express has four different pick up and drop off locations situated around Wanaka, the Treble Cone Express departs for Treble Cone at 8am daily, and departs Treble Cone for return to Wanaka at 4pm daily.
|Uphill Departure Schedule|
|Depart TC Town Office (24 Dungarvon Street) calling into Edgewater & Ramada Resorts enroute||8:00 am|
|Arrive at Treble Cone||8:45 am|
|Downhill Departure Schedule|
|Depart Treble Cone - calling into Edgewater & Ramada Resorts enroute if required||4:00 pm|
|Arrive at Treble Cone Town Office (24 Dungarvon Street)||4:45 pm|
*All transport subject to availability. No refund for missed bookings.
|Shuttle Pricing||Adult Return||Child Return|
|Bus Only||$ 29||$ 17|
|Bus + Scenic Ride||$ 54||$ 54|
Transport on the Treble Cone Express shuttle service between Wanaka and the mountain can be booked through the following locations:
- Treble Cone Wanaka Office: +64 3 443 1406 (Open 7am – 6pm daily)
- Guest Services at Treble Cone: +64 3 443 7443 (Open 8am – 4pm daily)
- Wanaka iSite: +64 3 443 1233 (Open 8.30am – 6.30pm daily)
When booking a seat on this service you will be asked to select a date and a pick up location where you will board the bus.
Please simply visit Guest Services on the mountain or phone +64 443 7443.
Transport Specific TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This service is operated by Go Bus Transport under contract to Treble Cone.
- Alcohol must not be consumed on this service at any time.
- Any date or service changes requested once a booking is completed will be subject to availability.
- To ensure the Service remains on schedule, the bus will not be able to wait for customers who are not at their selected departure point at the departure time.
- No refunds will be issued in the event a booked service is missed by the customer. If a seat exists on a later bus on the same day Guest Services may be able to re-schedule your booking.
- Not transferable - in the case of either packaged items or the multi-day transport vouchers.
- If you decide to leave the mountain by other means throughout the day, please notify Guest Services to avoid unnecessary Search and Rescue costs.
- Any additional products such as a Lift Pass or Scenic Chairlift Ride packaged up with transport must be used on the same day as the transport.
- Any pre-purchased transport vouchers not redeemed prior to the close of the Treble Cone snow season will not be refunded.
- In the event Treble Cone is ‘closed’ or ‘on hold’ on the day of a booked service the booking may be moved to another day.
From Queenstown to Treble Cone
From Christchurch to Treble Cone (Wanaka)
Treble Cone is located 445km / 5h 30m scenic drive past some of New Zealand’s most spectacular icons, including the Mt Cook (Aoraki) Glacier, the spectacular Lake Tekapo and various OnePassNZ ski areas. The drive from Christchurch provides a great snow road trip opportunity.
Shuttle from Christchurch to Wanaka
For more information about getting from Christchurch to Treble Cone (Wanaka), visit Lake Wanaka Tourism.
From Auckland to Treble Cone (Wanaka)
Direct flights from Auckland to Queenstown make Treble Cone a short 3h 30m trip away. Rental cars and shuttle to Wanaka available at Queenstown Airport
Daily flight from Auckland to Queenstown are opporated by Air New Zealand (and Grabaseat) and JetStar.
For more information about getting from Auckland to Treble Cone (Wanaka), visit Lake Wanaka Tourism.
From Australia to Treble Cone (Wanaka)
Fly direct from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to Queenstown or Christchurch Airport. Daily flights available throughout the winter season. When you arrive at Queenstown or Christchurch Airports there are a wide range of rental car options, and from Queenstown a number of scheduled and charter mini bus options to get to Wanaka, including Yello! and Connect a Bus.
For more information about getting from Australia to Treble Cone (Wanaka), visit Lake Wanaka Tourism.