- Skifield Status
- 24hr snowfall
- Home Basin
- Live Temp
- Saddle Basin
Family Friendly snow Holidays
A New zealand Ski Destination for the Whole Family
With discounted Family Lift Passes, the Jazz Kids' Fun Trail, a kids specific Snowsports School featuring TC Cat, FREE dedicated beginner ski lifts and ski area also FREE passes for the five and under's (card printing fee applies), plus scenic chairlift rides, and a true family focus, Treble Cone welcomes all families and wishes you the most magic of winter holidays.
|Family Ski Holiday - Fact Box|
|Kids Snowsports School|
|Kids Lesson Age||4 - 15 y/o|
|Lesson Availability||Full & Half Day Group Lessons, Private Lessons,
Seasonal Programmes & Holiday Camps
|Kids Snowsports Group Lessons start 10 minutes prior to Adult Group Lessons|
FREE beginner ski area & FREE kids helmets rental when hiring skis or a snowboard. Gear available to rent by the hour!
Family Friendly Facilities
Free Beginner Lifts & Area
Opening Hours: 9am - 4pm
The FREE ‘Nice n’ Easy’ surface lifts and dedicated beginner ski area provides a safe environment for the whole family to grow their love of snow sports and learn to ski together. For parents less enthusiastic about snow the Base Lodge Café provides a great vantage point to watch over the kids whilst enjoying a barista made Allpress coffee by the outdoor fire.
Jazz Kids' Fun Trail
Open to families and Snow Sports School lessons, the Jazz Kids' Fun Trail gives kids the opportunity to introduce freestyle safely. The trail, located alongside green trail Easy Rider, includes fun pint sized features such as archways, a rainbow and seesaw roll-box, surface features and loads of fun and friendly colours and flags. Sure to bring a big smile to every child and parent.
KIDS SNOWSPORTS School
Full Day Group Lessons: 10:20am - 3:30pm
Half Day Group Lessons: 10:20am - 12:30pm & 1:20pm - 3:30pm
The Kids Snowsports School offers dedicated instruction to accommodate kids from as young as 4. Keeping our kids group sizes small (we cap lessons at 8 kids per instructor) we maximise the chances of our smaller skiers and snowboards having an outstanding experience on snow. Our instructors will keep your kids smiling and laughing all day long.
Full Base Lodge Facilities
Opening Hours: 8am - 4:30pm
Treble Cone has a complete Base Lodge full of friendly staff and comfortable facilities. Within the Treble Cone Base Lodge we host a Café and Bar, Snow Sports School, Family Chill Zone, Ski and Snowboard Rentals, Accessory Shop, public toilets, and Medical Centre. On the mountain you are in safe hands with our experienced Ski Patrol.
FREE kids HELMET RENTAL
Treble Cone has a fully equipped ski and snowboard rental area conveniently located at the base of the main chairlift. To help keep our most precious skiers and snowboards safe on the slopes this winter, Treble Cone is including FREE kids helmet rental with every set of kids ski/snowboard hired. Kids rental gear is available for under 5 years olds for $8 per hour, that along with the free beginner and free season passes (card printing fee applies) makes it affordable to have the little ones on snow this coming winter!
FAMILY SNOW PLAY
Hire mini skis and Burton Riglet snowboards by the hours for kids under 6 y/o, grab a toboggan to play around the base area on, or jump on a Scenic Chairlift Ride up to the top of the Home Basin Express chairlift and grab a hot drink in the alfresco cafe sitting way up at 1760m.
INSIDERS' TIPS FOR FAMILY FUN
- Say hello to Treble Cone’s mascot the big friendly TC Cat
- Take a family photo in the TC Photo Frame with the spectacular view as a back-drop
- Grab a child specific Kids Trail Map from the Snow Sports School
- Make sure you visit the Jazz Kids' Fun Trail (a highlight of many children’s day)
- You can rent skis / snowboards at Treble Cone for free kids helmet rental
- For non-skiers take a Scenic Chairlift Ride to take in the views and action
- Meander and explore as a family the 3km Easy Rider beginner trail
Burton Riglet snowboards are a great way to tow kids 6 & under into the world of snowboarding. Under 5's can rent them by the hour on the mountain.
wanaka for families
The cosy alpine town of Wanaka is located a scenic 30 minute drive from Treble Cone, nestled on the edge of a picturesque lake and surrounded by mountains. Wanaka offers a wide range of accommodation to suit every budget and preference. The town also includes a huge range of family friendly restaurants, activities, two cinemas, supermarket, chemists, medical centre, parks and playgrounds, plus other off-snow activities including Puzzling World, jet boating, rock climbing, the Toy and Transport Museum, trampolines and more.
(Photo courtesy of Lake Wanaka Tourism)
Many of Treble Cone’s guests also visit from Queenstown either by bus or self-drive in a hire car. Daily shuttles operate to Treble Cone from Queenstown, Wanaka, and the bottom of the access road. Visit kidzgo.co.nz for more family friendly information about visiting, playing and staying in Wanaka.
IMPORTANT SKI LIFT PASS INFORMATION
- All prices advertised in New Zealand Dollars and include GST
- All ski lift passes are non-transferable and non-refundable
- Flexi day lift passes are sold as a single transaction multi day product only
- Student - Fulltime Australasian tertiary institution students only – Current photo ID issued from the place of study must be shown. ISIC cards are not accepted.
- Child – aged 6-17 years or still attending secondary school. Proof of age may be requested.
- Senior – 65 to 69. Proof of age may be requested.
- Family - comprises 2 parents & 2 children (immediate family only, children must be attending school).
- FREE Learner Lift Pass is valid on the Magic Carpet and Nice 'n' Easy Platter lift
- See Full Mountain Terms & Conditions for more information