- Skifield Status
- 24hr snowfall
- Home Basin
- Live Temp
- Saddle Basin
Treble Cone - Sofa ski camps 2018
PREMIUM SKI IMPROVEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT CAMPS 2018
Treble Cone is excited to exclusively offer Sofa Ski School - Ski Improvement Camps again after a highly successful 2017 season.
The ski improvement camps have top hand-picked coaches to give you the best help to achieve your goals, to become the skier you want to be. No matter if your goals are improving your carving, short turns, bumps, powder, off-piste skiing or simply being able to ski with more control, we will show you exactly where you are at and how you can make the next step.
The 5 day intensive camp is suitable for intermediate to expert skiers. The minimum requirement is to be able to control your speed doing mostly parallel turns on an easy blue run.
treble cone sofa ski camp programme dates 2018
The Sofa Ski Camps run for five consecutive days, the start dates for each programme in 2018 are
Please send an email to [email protected] if you would like to express an interest or find out more.
We run a waiting list for camps which have sold out, so if your preferred date is full please send an email to Klaus to be added to the list.
Programme and Schedule
Each Sofa Ski School - Treble Cone ski improvement camp includes:
- Pre-camp consultation with Klaus Mair, author of the bestselling ski instructional DVD “Sofa Ski School – from Blue to Black Diamond”,
- A minimum of 5 hours of on snow training per day,
- A maximum of only 5 skiers of similar ability per group,
- An evening ski tech talk,
- Extensive video analysis,
- The opportunity to demo the latest equipment,
- Optional Heli Day Add-on with Harris Mountain Heli Ski (20% off, for every four participants one coach will come along for free),
- Video documentation of the progress made on a Treble Cone branded 8GB USB.
Characteristics of the sofa ski camps at treble Cone are:
- Professional Coaching made accessible to recreational skiers: We will work with great precision on helping you make some fundamental changes in your skiing. As we will have five full days of focused training together we can aim for some bigger changes and will have plenty of time to learn and practice.
- The use of modern training tools: we use Video Analysis and UClear helmet intercoms.
- At the end of the camp you will get all of your ski footage and analysis clips on a USB stick for you to review again at a later time. Your training will be documented on a live google doc which will become your training diary.
- Hand picked, Top Coaches: Klaus chooses his favourite coaches for his camp. Sofa Ski Camp coaches are all experienced full certs that are highly specialized in helping skiers improve.
Download a printable Treble Cone Sofa Ski Camp Info Sheet (PDF)
For more info from our guests from Tripadvisor
"Best skiing investment I ever made. The team rebuilt me from the ground up, enabling me to ski far more efficiently" - Gavin (2015)
Klaus Mair has handpicked a team of highly trained professionals that will lead the training. Klaus will organize the groups, brief the coaches and will be involved in the ski analysis and ski tech sessions and will personally look after every participant to make sure that the individual goals are achieved.
|Programme||1 Week||Additional Weeks|
|Sofa Ski Camp||$1350||$1090|
|Lift pass is not included.
Sofa Ski School Groups will train every day from Sunday to Thursday for 5 hours on snow. Each day will finish no later than 4:00pm.
|Sunday||9.30am - Meet at Treble Cone (more information on where to meet by email)|
|6pm - Equipment Check at Racers Edge, Wanaka|
|Tuesday||7pm - Ski Clips, Drinks and dinner (additional cost) at Urban Grind|
|Thursday||5.30pm - Apres drinks in Wanaka at Gin and Raspberry
|Friday||Optional Heli Day with Harris Mountains Heli-Ski (20% discount) www.heliski.co.nz
|3pm - USB Sticks ready to be collected at the TC Town Office Click here for a map|
For all programme enquiries, please email [email protected]
"I have taken away the knowledge and skills I need to continuously work on becoming a better skier" - Katie (August 13)
Treble Cone Sofa Ski Camps Feedback
"The coaches are enthusiastic and always striving to pass on their skills. They are a great team and really try to individualise the instruction for the different participants, with great inventiveness and humour. Of course the scenery is not bad either." Mazzie (August 2015)
"Best skiing investment I ever made. Klaus and the team tore my average technique apart and rebuilt it from the ground up, enabling me to ski far more efficiently, with confidence and a higher degree of enjoyment." Gavin (August 2015)
"Sofa Ski Camps put the excitement back into skiing. They increased my technical knowledge so I could understand my skiing and showed me a path to improvement with maximum enjoyment. The course is a mix of friendship, challenge and inspiration." Mike (July 2015)
"Your professionalism, determination, dedication, and sheer love of teaching skiing, is a gift to many people, just ordinary skiers, like me. A life changing gift." Cathy (August 2015)
"Congratulations Klaus and team and to my coach Johannes, who was insightful, worked tirelessly to get key points across and was warm, humorous and engaging. The program was brilliant just what I needed, even though I didn't know it beforehand and got a lot of value out of It. We will be back." Gary (July 2015)
"As a recreational skier, the opportunity to be trained with a ski racing mindset and technique is priceless. I will be back every year." John (July 2015)
"Participating in the Sofa Ski School has allowed me to take a huge step forward with my skiing and will allow me to continue to improve and enjoy my skiing for many years to come." Susan (August 2015)
Accommodation & TRANSPORT
Wanaka is the closest town to Treble Cone, located a picturesque 30 minute drive around the lake front. Wanaka offers a wide range of accommodation options from backpacker lodges to luxury apartments, and everything in-between. To search the accommodation options, availability and pricing, check out our 'Accommodation Search' and select the appropriate dates.
Getting to Treble Cone is easy with daily buses, self-drive, or private charters all available as options. Check out the Wanaka to Treble Cone page to find your preferred transport.
IMPORTANT Sofa Ski School INFORMATION:
- Maximum group size of 5 students per instructor ensures a personalised week of skiing.
- A minimum of 3 students per group is required for the full programme to run. If the minimum number is not reach, the on snow training will be shorted to 2.5hrs per day.
- In the event of a closed day on the mountain, the Friday following the camp will be used as a catch up day. Should this not be possible, a $200 refund will be issued for every day closed.
- Lift Pass not included with the Sofa Ski School Programme.
- See Full Mountain Terms & Conditions for more information.