- Skifield Status
- 24hr snowfall
- 5 - 10cm
- Home Basin
- Live Temp
- Saddle Basin
Getting from Wanaka to Treble Cone
Treble Cone is the closest ski resort to Wanaka, located a short 29km / 30 minute scenic drive along the tranquil shores of Lake Wanaka. Free mountain parking available at the Base Lodge and at the bottom of the access road. If you're heading up to Treble Cone from Wanaka for one or several days, in addition to driving yourself there are the following transport options;
- The new Treble Cone Express is the best value and most direct shuttle service
- If you're skiing or snowboarding at both Treble Cone and Cardrona on a multi-day Flexi Pass then a multi-day Yello! Transport pass is fantastic
- There are also private transfer options available from Wanaka to Treble Cone
The Treble Cone Express is being continued in 2017 following such a successful season in 2016!
The TC Express Shuttle departs for Treble Cone Town Office (24 Dungarvon Street, Wanaka) at 8am and 10am, calling into Edgewater and Wyndham Resort on the way to the mountain. If you are being collected from either of these two hotels, please be ready at 8am.
For the return to Wanaka, the TC Express Shuttle leaves the mountain at 2pm and 4pm.
|Uphill Departure Schedule|
|Depart TC Town Office (24 Dungarvon Street)||8:00 am||10:00 am|
|Arrive at Treble Cone||8:45 am||10:45 am|
|Downhill Departure Schedule|
|Depart Treble Cone||2:00 pm||4:00 pm|
|Arrive at Treble Cone Town Office (24 Dungarvon Street)||2:45 pm||4:45 pm|
|Shuttle Pricing||Adult Return||Child Return||Senior Return||Student Return|
|Bus Only||$ 29||$ 17||$ 23||$ 23|
|Bus + Lift Pass||$ 120||$ 64||$ 84||$ 94|
|Bus + Lift Pass & Rental||$ 154||$ 91||$ 133||$ 143|
|Bus + Scenic Ride + Lunch^||$ 54||$ 42||$ 48||$ 48|
^ Lunch: 1x Pizza Slice at Altitude Espresso and Pizza + Hot Drink included in Scenic Chairlift Ride.
* All transport subject to availability. No refund for missed bookings or unused days.
payment and Booking Process
Transport on the Treble Cone Express shuttle service between Wanaka and the mountain can be booked through the following locations:
- Treble Cone Wanaka Office: +64 3 443 1406 (Open 7am – 10am and 3pm – 6pm daily)
- Guest Services at Treble Cone: +64 3 443 7443 (Open 8am – 4pm daily)
- Wanaka iSite: +64 3 443 1233 (Open 8.30am – 6.30pm daily)
When booking a seat on this service you will be asked to select a date, a service (based on TC Town Office departure time) and a pick up location where you will board the bus, either the Town Office, Edgewater or Wyndham. You must also select a downhill service departure time to ensure a seat is reserved for you. If during your day at Treble Cone you’d like to change onto a different downhill departure time, please simply visit Guest Services on the mountain or phone +64 443 7443 to check availability.
Transport Specific TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This service is operated by Go Bus Transport under contract to Treble Cone.
- Alcohol must not be consumed on this service at any time.
- Any date or service changes requested once a booking is completed will be subject to availability.
- To ensure the Service remains on schedule, the bus will not be able to wait for customers who are not at their selected departure point at the departure time.
- No refunds will be issued in the event a booked service is missed by the customer. If a seat exists on a later bus on the same day Guest Services may be able to re-schedule your booking.
- If you decide to leave the mountain by other means throughout the day, please notify Guest Services to avoid unnecessary Search and Rescue costs.
- Any additional products such as a Lift Pass or Scenic Chairlift Ride packaged up with transport must be used on the same day as the transport.
- Any pre-purchased transport vouchers not redeemed prior to the close of the Treble Cone snow season will not be refunded.
- In the event Treble Cone is ‘closed’ or ‘on hold’ on the day of a booked service the booking may be moved to another day.
- Flying Bus
Bookings: 0800 359 745
Pickup anywhere in Wanaka or Albert town.
PRICES CURRENT FOR 2017 SEASON.
|Wanaka / Albert Town Accommodation* (return)||8am||$ 34|
|3 Ride Special - Wanaka to Treble Cone (Return)||$ 90|
|Pickup and drop of at your Wanaka / Albert Town accommodation|
- The Black Van - Luxury Transport
Booking: 0800 874 537
Luxury 4WD vehicle carrying up to 7 passengers + ski gear. Times to suit your schedule.
|Mountain Transfer Service||Adult||Child||Family|
|Treble Cone (Return) - Daily Rate||$ 50||$ 38||$ 165|
|Treble Cone (Return) - 5 Day Multi Rate||$ 245||$ 170||$ 820|
|Treble Cone (Return) EXCLUSIVE (1-7 pax)||POA|
|Child - up to 15 years of age (must be accompanied by an adult). Family - 2 adults & 2 children.
Pick-up & drop-off at your Wanaka accommodation
- Wanaka Ski Concierge
Bookings: +64 27 390 2152
Wanaka's premium hassle-free private transfer service from your Wanaka accommodation to Treble Cone and to/from Queenstown Airport.
PRICES CURRENT FOR 2017 SEASON.
|Private Mountain Transfer Service||Per Vehicle|
|Treble Cone (Return)||From NZ$ POA|
|Maximum of 6 people per vehicle|
- Kiwi Discovery
Bookings: +64 (3) 442 7340
|Wanaka* (return)||8:45am||$ 52|
|Wanaka pickup in front of YHA (Purple Cow)|