- Skifield Status
- 24hr snowfall
- Home Basin
- Current temp
- Saddle Basin
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
[Last updated 1 November 2013]
In these Terms we have used "we" or “us” to refer to Treble Cone Investments Ltd and "you" to refer to the person or member of a family issued with a Treble Cone lift pass or seasons pass.
If you purchase:
- a lift pass, you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms;
- a season pass, you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and the Additional Terms for Season Passes (below); and
- any Treble Cone Snow Sports Product, you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and the Additional Terms for Treble Cone Snow Sports Products (below).
- All users of Treble Cone must have a valid pass at all times when accessing the lift facilities.
- Photo identification will be required when picking up your passes, being issued a replacement pass or updating your photo. Child (up to 17 years) must have their photos updated annually.
- Passes are deemed to be personal to the original purchaser/user as named on that card. Your photo will be recorded against that pass and will be used to confirm your validity to use our lift facilities.
- All passes are non-transferable, non-resalable and are for your personal use only.
- A $5 deposit is charged on the issue of your tcpass. This deposit is fully refundable with return of the card to Guest Services on the mountain or in our town office. Card must be returned in the same season in order to claim your deposit.
- If you attempt to use our lift facilities without a valid pass and without a reasonable excuse, or someone else is found using your pass without its loss recorded in our system, then you may be subject to one or more of the following sanctions (without prejudice to any other remedies we may have):
- charged for a lift pass for that day;
- issued with a Trespass notice preventing further access to Treble Cone ski area and/or all
Southern lakes Ski areas for up to 2 years;
- we may cancel any passes you have been issued and decline to issue you other passes in
- We accept no responsibility for passes that are lost, stolen, damaged, forgotten or destroyed. All lost, forgotten or stolen passes must be reported to the ticket office immediately, please call 03 443 7443. An administration fee of $10 per replacement card will apply to replace any pass that is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
- Your original card will be cancelled and is no longer valid. You must continue to use the replacement card for the duration of the season. All information including vertical metres will be transferred to your new card.
- All refunds or cancellations of any product are at our discretion (subject to any rights you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act). Lift Passes will not be refunded due to weather or other operating contingencies affecting any lift, run, area or facility.
- The season length is subject to snow, weather and market conditions and we operate in a mountain environment where conditions are subject to rapid change. We give no warranty as to the length of the season, operating hours, number of lifts operating at any time or to the operation or otherwise of a lift, run, area or facility on any given day. We reserve the right to close any lift, run, area or facility at any time for any reason.
- You agree to abide by all rules, regulations and directions set by us and the Snow Responsibility Code displayed on the mountain. Misconduct will result in the withdrawal or suspension of the pass with no refund given. Misconduct includes, but is not limited to, disregard and breach of closed areas, excessive speeding in slow zones, reckless or dangerous skiing or riding, unsociable or aggressive behaviour or skiing or riding under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Skiing, snowboarding and other snow-sports are hazardous activities. Many hazards and obstacles (marked and unmarked, natural and man-made), exist within the resort. You agree (to the extent permitted by law) that you use the resort at your own risk and assume all risk of personal injury and property loss or damage.
- Passes cannot be used for commercial purposes without our permission.
- You must not use our facilities for instructing, guiding or demonstrating skiing, snowboarding and other snow-sports without our permission or take video footage for instruction or coaching purposes within the licensed area of Treble Cone Ski Field (regardless of whether there is a fee paid or not).
Exceptions are made if you are teaching direct family members and you are not a qualified instructor (e.g. father and son).
- For lessons there is a minimum number of 2 people per group. All lessons (except First Timer Programmes and Children’s Programmes) will be shortened if minimum numbers are not met.
- There is a maximum number of 5 people in a children’s First Timer lesson and 8 in an adult’s First timer lesson. For other adult and children's group lessons (other than Private Lessons) there is a maximum numbers of 8 people per instructor.
- Multi packs of lessons are non-transferable or resalable. They must be used by the same named guest throughout the season.
- Any breach of these terms, or other terms that apply to you, may result in the withdrawal of your pass and all associated privileges (without prejudice to any other remedies we may have).
- All prices that we quote for our passes and products are in New Zealand dollars, valid at time of printing but subject to change without notice. Rates include GST.
Age Definitions for Lift, Rental and Snowsports Products.
Season Pass definitions may vary please check our Season Pass Terms & Conditions
- Adult is defined as aged 18-64 years.
- Senior is defined as aged 65-69 years.
- Child is defined as aged 6-17 years or still attending secondary school
- Seniors aged 70 years or over are entitled to free skiing at Treble Cone. A card deposit fee may apply
- Children aged 5 or under are entitled to free skiing at Treble Cone. A card deposit fee may apply
- Student is limited to campus based students studying full time with an Australasian tertiary institution, we define full time study as a minimum of 25 hours per week for the duration of the course (minimum of 32 weeks). Current photo ID in English and with a valid expiry date issued from the place of study must be shown. ISIC cards are not accepted.
- Family comprises 2 parents & 2 children (aged 6-17yrs) immediate family only; children must still be attending school. (We use a different definition for family seasons passes)
We reserve the right to request proof of age or eligibility at any time.
For season pass purchases all ages are taken at 1st June 2014
- The Family Season Pass is available to families comprised of:
(a) one adult or two adults who live together and are either married to each other or in a
relationship in the nature of marriage; and
(b) their children aged 17 or under or still at high school. All of the children must reside
with the adult or adults and one or both of the adults must be the legal guardian of
each of the children.
When you apply for a Family Season Pass you must provide adequate proof of the required relationships. Such proof may include birth or marriage certificates, guardianship or adoption orders, utilities bills etc.
If it is discovered that your Family Season Pass was obtained as the result of false information in your application the pass will be revoked and no refund given.
- Student Season Pass is limited to campus based students on full time course of study under 30 years of age. Students are defined as studying full time with an Australasian tertiary institution,we define full time study as a minimum of 25 hours per week for the duration of the course (minimum of 32 weeks). Current photo ID issued from the place of study in English and with a valid expiry date along with proof of full time enrollment status must be shown before your pass will be activated for the current season.
If you are unable to provide adequate proof of your student status at the time of collection your pass will not be issued.
- Subject to any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and otherwise there will be no refunds on season passes except in the following cases:
(a) We will provide you with a full refund of the cost of your season pass if the ski area does
not open for the season that your pass is valid for.
(b) We may provide you with a partial refund of the cost of your unlimited season pass if you
suffer an injury or other medical condition that severely limits your ability to use the pass.
To apply for a refund you must submit a written application to us with supporting
medical certificate. Refund applications will not be accepted more than 4 weeks after
the pass holder's first day on snow. Any refunds will be calculated based on the number
of days used (if any) from the pass holder's first day on snow until the date the refund
application is made as follows:
Number of days Maximum refund
6 days or less 50% refund
7 to 9 days 40% refund
10 to 12 days 30% refund
More than 13 days no refund
In the case of Adult 5 or 10day Season Passes the refund value will be less days used. Days used will be charged at the full individual day rate. Number of days used is determined by scan history of the pass.
Where a person named on a Family Season Pass suffers an injury or other medical condition that severely limits their ability to use the family pass, any refund will be pro-rated according to the number of people named on the Family Season Pass.
All refunds are at our discretion and our interpretation of this clause is final.
No refund applications will be considered after 15th September 2014
- Bring a Firend Discount Days terms and conditions:
(a) Bring a Friend discount days will be issued to the following Season pass holders in the
quantities specified: Adult Unlimited(5), 10 Day Powder Pass(3), Senior Unlimited(3),
Family Unlimited(5) & Family Package(5).
(b) In the case of Family Passes the Bring a Friend Bonus days will be allocated to the ‘Head
of Household’-the adult who made the purchase on behalf of the family.
(c) Bring a Friend Spring Discount Days are valid for 50% discount on single full day lift passes
only. Discount lift passes are valid at Treble Cone only. Discount days are redeemable
from 15 - 28 September 2014 inclusive.
(d) Bring a Friend Spring Discount days are only valid in the year they are issued. Bring a
Friend discount days are not redeemable for cash. If your season pass is refunded or
cancelled for any reason then your ‘Bring a Friend’ Days will be cancelled.
TC Bonus Pack (Super Earlybird Sale period only)
- Purchasers of Super early bird season passes (1st November 2013-30th November 2013 inclusive) are eligible for a set amount of TC Dollars based on the pass type purchased.
$ 100 $ 50 $ 25 $ 25 $ 25 $ 20 $ 50
- Purchase of the following Season Passes do NOT qualify for a credit of TC dollars:
- Under 6 or Over 70 pass
- Primary or Secondary Local Schools Pass
- Staff Passes
- Staff Family Member Pass
- Shareholder Passes
- Any discounted Season Pass (i.e. any pass purchased for less than its full retail value)
- Passes purchased after the Super early bird sales period (regardless of the amount
- TC Dollars are not redeemable for cash and are non- transferable and non-refundable.
- TC Dollars are redeemed on the basis that 1 TC Dollar is equivalent to 1 NZ dollar.
- TC Dollars can be used for part payment of a purchase.
- TC Dollars cannot be redeemed against a prior completed purchase.
- TC Dollars can only be redeemed by the named holder of the TCPass that the TC dollars have been credited to.
- TC Dollars money can be redeemed by the named TCPass holder for the purchase of products for other TCPass holders. E.g parent for a child.
- TC Dollars are redeemable against the following products ONLY
- Food & Beverage (including alcohol)
- TC Dollars CANNOT be redeemed against the following products or services
- Snowsports products
- Lift Passes or any Packages, e.g. First Timer Package, Lift & Rentals package
- Any Season Pass product or add-on
- Any products purchased at the mountain retail store
- Any product or products that are discounted from their usual price for any reason
- Any TC Dollars remaining at the end of season when the season pass expires will be cancelled. Any unused TC Dollars credit will be cancelled where a Season Pass is cancelled for any reason i.e. Misconduct, breaking a closure or medical refund
- Where a Season Pass is refunded, the value of TC Dollars redeemed will be deducted from the refund amount payable.
Bonus Ski Day-scheduled for 25th June 2014. This is dependent on weather & snow conditions and will not be rescheduled. Home basin only-Limited hours of operation.