- Skifield Status
- 24hr snowfall
- 5 - 10cm
- Home Basin
- Live Temp
- Saddle Basin
Media Visits & Filming
Treble Cone ski area was awarded New Zealand's Best Ski Resort 2013 and again in 2014 at the World Ski Awards held in Kitzbuhel Austria. The award was voted upon by both skiers and snowboarders and snow sports industry professionals including wholesalers and media, and is managed by the World Travel Awards.
Media visit Policy
Treble Cone welcomes members of the media to visit the ski area. We will provide complimentary passes and host media on assignment where possible. To help us provide you with the best service possible, we have established the following guidelines:
- Notify the Treble Cone marketing department a minimum of 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Tell us the purpose of your visit, your media affiliation, and the date of your arrival.
- Contact Sophie Luther - GM Revenue and Marketing on (03) 443 7443 or via Email.
- Supply a letter on company letterhead for yourself and any applicable personnel from your editor, publisher, news director or producer and copy of the publication.
- Complete and sign our Day Pass Guidelines form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complimentary access will only be issued only to writers, editors, on-air persons or photographers directly responsible for airing/publishing Treble Cone press releases and media coverage at the discretion of Treble Cone management.
We look forward to hosting you at Treble Cone.
commercial shooting / filming
With spectacular views across the Southern Alps and Lake Wanaka and a genuine 'big mountain' environment Treble Cone Ski Area is a desirable location for commercial shoots and filming. Commercial shoots are subject to Treble Cone Ski Area and Department of Conservation approval, and location / filming fees apply.
For filming requests during the snow season please initially contact email@example.com for advice, and please contact our local DOC office firstname.lastname@example.org for details on their policies as Treble Cone is on DOC land.
Treble Cone Ski Area can assist with film shoot planning in regard to;
- access to the ski area
- transport around the mountain
- access to lifts
- access to car parks and the road
- access to buildings
- winter clothing, plus
- catering services (in winter)
Treble Cone and DOC require these documents from film shoot production team;
- Signed Treble Cone Contractors Agreement
- DOC permit for the areas and have a fully signed copy with you on the day
- Public liability insurance
- If Drone are to be used:
- Drone operators 102 certification document
- Drone operators relevant insurances
For Health and Safety, our H&S officer Jess Griffin will require before work can commence onsite the following documentation:
- Safety Policy
- Hazards and the hazard controls
- Accident reporting procedures
- Any relevant certification and permits
- Any relevant staff H&S training and competencies
- Contractors Specific Training & Induction Checklist